Wall Street Wizardry
  • Business
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Investing
  • Business
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Investing

Wall Street Wizardry

Politics

Trump continues to defend Qatar gifting US $400M jet: ‘We should have the most impressive plane’

by admin May 14, 2025
May 14, 2025
Trump continues to defend Qatar gifting US $400M jet: ‘We should have the most impressive plane’

President Donald Trump continued to defend his decision to accept a $400 million jet from Qatar during an exclusive interview with Sean Hannity on Air Force One on Tuesday.

Trump has received backlash for planning to accept the jumbo Boeing 747-8 jet from the Qatari royal family since news of the gift broke on Sunday.

‘Now, some people say, ‘oh, you shouldn’t accept gifts for the country.’ My attitude is, why wouldn’t I accept the gift? We’re giving to everybody else? Why wouldn’t I accept the gift?’ the president said to Hannity.

 

The luxury jet, which was offered to the United States because of delays in Boeing’s production of the new Air Force One fleet, will serve as a temporary method of transportation so that the current presidential plane doesn’t have to be flown. 

Trump has said AF1 is nearly 40 years old and looks ‘much less impressive’ when compared to the planes in Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar.

‘You know, we’re the United States of America. I believe that we should have the most impressive plane,’ Trump told Hannity.

 

In addition to Boeing running behind on delivering the new fleet, the jumbo jet is a gift to the Department of Defense for ‘a job well done’ in successfully defending Qatar ‘for many years,’ Trump added on Truth Social a few hours after the interview.

‘Why should our military, and therefore our taxpayers, be forced to pay hundreds of millions of Dollars when they can get it for FREE from a country that wants to reward us for a job well done,’ he wrote.

Trump has said the plane will be retired to the presidential library once Boeing delivers its new AF1 fleet.

The president will be in Qatar on Wednesday for the next stop of his three-day visit to the Middle East, marking his first major international trip of his second term. 

He spent Tuesday in Saudi Arabia meeting with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
The Great Biden Coverup: Aides debated whether to put the president in a wheelchair
next post
State Department approves sale of $1.4B worth of helicopters, F-16 parts to UAE ahead of Trump’s visit

Related Posts

Trump’s Gaza relocation proposal sparks heated debate among...

February 11, 2025

The politics of enthusiasm, and how it matters...

January 27, 2025

Elon Musk strategizes $1 trillion spending cuts with...

March 6, 2025

NATO chief says upcoming Trump-Putin meeting will be...

August 11, 2025

President Trump reveals what he told Zelenskyy during...

May 1, 2025

Trump so far has freed 11 hostages in...

February 15, 2025

Trump envoy Steve Witkoff heads to Moscow as...

December 1, 2025

As REAL ID rollout approaches, congressional privacy hawks...

April 23, 2025

JD Vance reveals why Christian values are key...

October 30, 2025

John Bolton’s trial still far off as judge...

November 22, 2025

    Join our mailing list to get access to special deals, promotions, and insider information. Your exclusive benefits await! Enjoy personalized recommendations, first dibs on sales, and members-only content that makes you feel like a true VIP. Sign up now and start saving!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Editors’ Picks

    • 1

      Universal’s ‘Wicked: For Good’ creates a unique marketing challenge

      January 26, 2025
    • 2

      Financial Agreement signed releasing $2M grant

      January 23, 2025
    • 3

      Netflix shares soar as company reports surging revenue, tops 300 million subscribers

      January 23, 2025
    • 4

      Cyclopharm Signs US Agreement with HCA Healthcare for Technegas®

      January 23, 2025
    • 5

      Trump re-designates Iranian-backed Houthis as terrorists: ‘Threaten[s] security of American civilians’

      January 23, 2025
    • 6

      US security contractor will take charge of key checkpoint in Gaza as Israeli forces withdraw

      January 25, 2025
    • 7

      FDA officially authorizes Zyn nicotine pouches for sale following health review

      January 23, 2025
    • About us
    • Contacts
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Email Whitelisting

    Disclaimer: wallstreetwizardry.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2026 wallstreetwizardry.com | All Rights Reserved